The Reference Library houses over 2,000 books, journals and periodicals related to the petroleum and energy industries in the Permian Basin. More specifically, available publications cover the following subject areas:
- Biographies of people involved in the oil and gas industries
- Oil company histories
- Company-issued periodicals
- Petroleum dictionaries
- Oil-related associations’ histories
- Town and county histories
- Professional association journals
- Special edition books from 1924-1980
- Catalogs of early equipment and tools
- Theses relative to the petroleum industry, the cattle industry, railroads, towns and counties of the Permian Basin.
The Reference Library is a non-circulating library. Visitors may review materials in the Library & Archives Center which is located in the basement of the Petroleum Museum.
Archive Reference Policy (pdf file)
For appointments, research hours, to visit the archives, or for more information, contact the Archives & Collections Manager.