The Reference Library houses over 2,000 books, journals and periodicals related to the petroleum and energy industries in the Permian Basin. More specifically, available publications cover the following subject areas:
- Biographies of people involved in the oil and gas industries
- Oil company histories
- Company-issued periodicals
- Petroleum dictionaries
- Oil-related associations’ histories
- Town and county histories
- Professional association journals
- Special edition books from 1924-1980
- Catalogs of early equipment and tools
- Theses relative to the petroleum industry, the cattle industry, railroads, towns and counties of the Permian Basin.
The Reference Library is a non-circulating library. Visitors may review materials in the Library & Archives Center which is located in the basement of the Petroleum Museum.
For appointments, research hours, to visit the archives, or for more information, contact the Archives & Collections Manager.